Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

08 August 2012

1893 – Portrush Railway Station, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Constructed for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway, under the direction of its engineer and architect Berkeley Deane Wise, was completed in 1893. Three platforms were provided together with...

13 July 2012

2012 – Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre, Co. Antrim

Architect: Heneghan Peng Architects The Giant’s Causeway was without a permanent visitors’ centre between 2000 and 2012, as the previous building burned down in 2000. Public money was set aside to construct a...

28 June 2012

2012 – MAC, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Hackett Hall McKnight This commission was won after a RIBA International Design Contest in 2007. Completed by Hackett Hall McKnight in February 2012 and provides performance spaces, art galleries and supporting facilities....

09 April 2012

2012 – Titanic Belfast

Architect: TODD Architects Titanic Belfast is the centrepiece of the £7bn Titanic Quarter development, one of Europe’s largest urban waterfront regeneration schemes which is turning a 185-acre site on the banks of Belfast’s...

29 March 2012

1849 – Royal Triumphal Archway, High St., Belfast

Architect: Thirty-two foot tall triumphal archway constructed for the visit of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert to Belfast in 1849. Supposedly the words Cead Mile Failte were inscribed on the reverse side to...

15 March 2012

1774 – Clifton House, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Robert Mylne / Robert Joy Built in 1774 by Belfast Charitable Society, the building was used until the late 1880’s as Belfast’s Poor House. Although the Dublin architect Thomas Cooley was consulted...

15 March 2012

1769 – Exchange and Assembly Rooms, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Sir Robert Taylor In 1769, the Earl of Donegall, celebrating the birth of his son George Augustus, paid £4,000 for the building of a single storey building called “The Exchange” By1776 a...

15 March 2012

1901 – St. Silas Church, Cliftonville Road, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Roe Opened in 1901, and completing destroyed during the air raids on Belfast in 1941. According to the Irish Builder of December 1 1900, only the nave and chancel were to...

12 February 2012

1820 – Northern Whig House, Waring Street, Belfast

Architect: John McCutcheon Architect is uncertain, but usually attributed to McCutcheon. According to Brett in his Buildings of Belfast, the Commercial Buildings ‘looks as though it ought to be attributed to a more...