Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

26 February 2010

2005 – Unbuilt Antrim – Giants Causeway Visitor Centre

Architects: HBK Architects with Alan Farrelly RESTORATION OF LANDSCAPE Continuity of the coast line is restored with excavated material & imported earth to reinstate the ridge currently broken by the siting of the...

26 February 2010

2005 – Unbuilt Antrim – Giants Causeway Visitor Centre

Architects: Verstas Architects The Visitor Facilities Building is situated on the route to the Giant’s Causeway, as the last outpost before the destination. The development site is located at the point where the...

26 February 2010

2003 – Unbuilt Antrim – Lyric Theatre

Architect: Gordon Murray + Alan Dunlop Architects

14 October 2009

1870 – Belfast Town Hall, Co. Antrim

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson From The Builder, April 9, 1870: The works for the new municipal buildings Belfast Ireland are being energetically forward; the courts will probably be finished May and the whole...

24 September 2009

1180 – Carrickfergus Castle, Co. Antrim

One of the finest Norman castles in Ireland, Carrickfergus Castle is sited along the harbour front, controlling the seashore. Probably constructed by John de Courcey sometime around 1180, it is sited on a...

24 September 2009

1898 – The Crown Liquor Saloon, Belfast

Architects: E. & J. Byrne The Crown Liquor Saloon in Great Victoria Street, Belfast is one of Victorian gin palaces which once flourished in the industrial cities of Britain. Today wonderfully preserved and...

24 September 2009

1765 – Broughshane Church of Ireland, Co. Antrim

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Pretty little Church with decorative gateway to the street. Broughshane is known as the Garden Village of Ulster. In 1994 the village was the winner of Ulster in Bloom,...

24 September 2009

1912 – McAuley’s Hotel, Carnlough, Co. Antrim

Small former hotel building with elaborate Art Nouveau inspired stucco work.

24 September 2009

1912 – The Square, Cushendun, Co. Antrim

Architect: Clough William-Ellis Designed by the architect Clough William-Ellis for the local landowner, this group of seven two-storey houses around three sides of a square is firmly in the arts and crafts movement....