Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

24 September 2009

1844 – Saint Malachy’s Church, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Originally Saint Malachy’s was intended to be the Cathedral Church of the Diocese of Down and Connor and was to seat 7,000 worshippers but in the time when the Great...

17 September 2009

1910 – Queen’s University, Belfast

Architect: Henry Tanner Second placed scheme for buildings adjacent to the Lanyon Building of Queen’s.

17 September 2009

1903 – Ocean & Accident & Gaurantee Corporation, Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie One of the great commercial buildings on Donegall Square and built between 1899-1902 in a Gothic Revival style. The building in red sandstone has a tall pinnacled corner tower...

17 September 2009

1905 – New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company, Spinning Mill, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects Large six storey mill at the junction of Craig Street and Falls Road. Constructed of brick with stone dressings for the New Northern Spinning & Weaving Company. Craig Street...

17 September 2009

1903 – Royal Victoria Infirmary, Belfast

Architect: Henman & Cooper Drawings published in The Building News in 1901. Buildings completed by 1903. The range consisted of 17 wards off a connecting corridor – all the wards were named after...

17 September 2009

1907 – Warehouse, Library Street, Belfast

Architect: William J. Fennell Built as Library House for Robert Watson & Co, a firm of cabinet makers and upholsterers. The building has a dramatic round turret, largely glazed at ground and first...

17 September 2009

1885 – Thompson Memorial Home for Incurables, Lisburn, Co. Antrim

Architect: Godfrey W. Ferguson This fine building was erected in 1885 as “Thompson House for the Incurables”, named after a local surgeon (William Thompson MD) who had tragically died three years earlier. Endowments...

17 September 2009

1883 – Mineral Water Manufactory, William Street South, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Former Ross’s mineral water factory, Belfast Using its own artesian well, Ross’s produced mineral waters at William Street South for almost 100 years until the mid 1970’s. The premises lay...

17 September 2009

1879 – Warehouse, Donegall Place, Belfast

Architect: Robert Watt Largely built as illustrated in elaborate stucco at 7-9 Donegall Place, the building no longer has the ornamental pediment, but otherwise is in fairly good condition. Built for Messrs. Lindsay...