Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

03 June 2014

1843 – Queens Bridge, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Fraser, Charles Lanyon, & J.C. Bretland Originally designed by John Frazer with Charles Lanyon between 1841 and 1843 replacing an old 21-arch bridge. In the mid 1880s it was widended by...

26 May 2014

1881 – Ceylon Buildings, 64-66 Victoria St., Belfast

Architect: William Batt Designed for Brown, Corbett & Co. Demolished. “These premises, which will be known as “Ceylon Buildings,” have a frontage of 50ft. and extend back about 60ft. As a timber pond...

14 May 2014

1875 – St. Mary’s Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Alexander Macalister The design was chosen as a result of an architectural competition. St Mary’s Catholic Hall was used for concerts and dances, and also included a primary school until 1901. It...

12 May 2014

1884 – Leonard Wine Merchants, Antrim Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: E.J. Byrne `The new premises, the subject of our illustration, are now being erected from the design of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect, of 4 Waring-street Belfast, for Mr. Patrick Leonard, wine merchant....

12 May 2014

1871 – Nos. 24 & 26 Donegall Place, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons “In no locality within the northern capital are architectural improvements more markedly observable than in Donegall Place. To this already fine business premises in this grand throughfare there...

06 May 2014

1877 – Railway Station, Whitehead, Co. Antrim

Architect: John Lanyon / Berkeley Deane Wise Originally designed by John Lanyon with later work by Berkeley Deane Wise who was the chief architect of the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway company and...

09 April 2014

1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the...

07 April 2014

1899 – Presbyterian Church, Cushendall, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell From The Building News: “A new Presbyterian church was recently opened at Cushendall, Co. Antrim. It is constructed of stone, and is Early English in style. Mr. William J....

04 April 2014

1896 – Railway Station, Trooperslane, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Constructed in 1896 to replace an earlier 1840s building, Wise’s design for the Belfast and Northern Counties Railway was a highly picturesque station in brick and timber. Demolished in...