Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

13 March 2014

1881 – Nos. 19-23 Donegall Street, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Mackinnon & Dickson Four storey stucco building, a speculative development, only part of which was constructed. The portion to the left, above, is the site of No.23 Donegall Street, itself a fine...

13 March 2014

1883 – Design for the Ulster Reform Club, Belfast

Architect: John J. McDonnell Unsuccessful competition entry to design a building on Royal Avenue for the Ulster Reform Club. The competition was won by Maxwell & Tuke, and their fine building is still...

05 March 2014

1881 – Cunningham Memorial Presbyterian Church, Cullybackey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Cruciform church constructed to replace an earlier church of 1781 on same site. With its 130 ft spire, the church is very much a local landmark. External walls of...

04 March 2014

1868 – Imperial Hotel, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles A. Sherry Constructed for William Jury, proprietor of Jury’s and Shelbourne hotels, Dublin, and Imperial Hotel, Cork. “Just completed by Mr W.B. McMaster, from plans by, and under the direction of,...

04 March 2014

1877 – Irish Temperance League, Nos.16-20 Lombard Street, Belfast

Architect: Joseph C. Marsh 4-storey, 3-bay, stucco building constructed to house a temperance café which operated until 1966. The architect Joseph C. Marsh was a Quaker working in Belfast who was hired by...

02 March 2014

1887 – Ballynafeigh Orange Hall, Ormeau Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt William Batt had designed several other Orange Halls including the Orange Hall in Clifton Street, were he was a member of Eldon L.O.L. No 7. Watt and the hall committee...

27 February 2014

1969 – Divis Flats, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Frank Patterson This complex of 850 flats, housing 2,400 residents was designed by architect Frank Robertson for the Northern Ireland Housing Trust. Construction started in 1966 with the first three blocks completed...

26 February 2014

1900 – Presbyterian Church, Whiteabbey, Co. Antrim

Architect: Nicholas Fitzsimons Originally built in 1866, but destroyed by fire in 1899 which left only the side walls standing. Rebuilt to designs by Nicholas Fitzsimons, and still in use today. Located on...

24 February 2014

1879 – Gate Lodge, Botanic Gardens, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt Former gatelodge constructed in Venetian Gothic, a single-storey building in red brick with Staffordshire blue bands and pointed stone arches at the openings. Carving by Alexander Steven. The original design...