Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

09 August 2013

1859 – Adam Clarke Memorial Obelisk, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Barre A45 foot tall obelisk to a leading member of early Methodism, Adam Clarke whio was born in County Derry. John Wesley invited him to become a pupil at a seminary...

08 August 2013

1880s – Castle Erin / Golf Hotel, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Former hotel built between railway line and coast to service Portrush’s links course. Originally called the Hydropathic Hotel but changed its name to the Golf Hotel, and later Castle Erin. It was later...

25 July 2013

1776 – St Anne’s Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Francis Hiorne Commisioned by by Arthur, 5th Earl of Donegall, and named after his wife, St Anne’s was designed by English architect Francis Hiorne of Warwick. Constructed on the site of the...

25 July 2013

1870 – St. Enoch’s Presbyterian Church, Carlisle Circus, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Anthony Thomas Jackson Erected in the early 1870s, it was one of the largest Presbyterian churches in all of Ulster. St Enoch’s had a magnificent theatre-like interior with two tiers of galleries...

17 July 2013

1897 – Former National Bank, 62-68 High Street, Belfast

Architect: William Batt The National Bank Ltd, a bank founded by Daniel O’Connell in 1835 had branches in Ireland and Britain. The Irish branches were acquired by Bank of Ireland in 1965 and...

13 July 2013

1880s – St. Patrick’s Church, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Small Roman Catholic Church surrounded by presbytery and school, all finished and detailed in stone.

01 July 2013

10th C. – Antrim Round Tower, Co. Antrim

Described as one of the most perfect of the round towers of Ireland, 93 feet high and 50 feet in circumference at the base. The 28metre tall tower was built around the 10th...

11 June 2013

1898 – Cairndhu House, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close The existing houses was extended in 1897-98 by Samuel P. Close for John Stewart Clarke. In the process it became a large multi-gabled house of asymmetrical plan and irregular...

25 April 2013

1840s – Clotworthy Arts Centre, Antrim, Co. Antrim

Clotworthy Arts Centre was built in the 1840s as a coach house and stables for Antrim Castle. It was once the centre of a thriving farm and consists of an enclosed central courtyard...