Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Antrim

17 July 2013

1897 – Former National Bank, 62-68 High Street, Belfast

Architect: William Batt The National Bank Ltd, a bank founded by Daniel O’Connell in 1835 had branches in Ireland and Britain. The Irish branches were acquired by Bank of Ireland in 1965 and...

13 July 2013

1880s – St. Patrick’s Church, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Small Roman Catholic Church surrounded by presbytery and school, all finished and detailed in stone.

01 July 2013

10th C. – Antrim Round Tower, Co. Antrim

Described as one of the most perfect of the round towers of Ireland, 93 feet high and 50 feet in circumference at the base. The 28metre tall tower was built around the 10th...

11 June 2013

1898 – Cairndhu House, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close The existing houses was extended in 1897-98 by Samuel P. Close for John Stewart Clarke. In the process it became a large multi-gabled house of asymmetrical plan and irregular...

25 April 2013

1840s – Clotworthy Arts Centre, Antrim, Co. Antrim

Clotworthy Arts Centre was built in the 1840s as a coach house and stables for Antrim Castle. It was once the centre of a thriving farm and consists of an enclosed central courtyard...

03 January 2013

1854 – Harbour Commissioners’ Office, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: George Smith / W.H. Lynn Originally the central bays were constructed as a free standing Italiante palazzo to designs by George Smith, the architect to the Harbour Commissioners/ Later extended in 1895...

06 December 2012

1886 – Ceremonial Royal Archways, Belfast, Co. Antrim

A selection of archways erected in Belfast for the 1886 visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales.

10 November 2012

1837 – Castle Upton, Templepatrick, Co. Antrim

Architect: Edward Blore Blore was reponsible for alterations and enlarging of House for 1st Lord Templetown in 1836-37. There is a fine mausoleum by Robert Adam in the graveyard from 1789. in the...

03 November 2012

1848 – Great Victoria Street Railway Station, Belfast

Architect: John Godwin The Ulster Railway opened Belfast’s first railway terminus in 1839, and as such was called just “Belfast” until 1852. By 1852 the Dublin and Belfast Junction Railway was completed, making...