Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Armagh

28 September 2009

1896 – First Trust Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: Watt & Tulloch In comparison to earlier bank buildings, this First Trust branch (AIB in the Republic of Ireland) is relatively modest

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...

28 September 2009

1890s – Former Bank, Russell St., Armagh, Co Armagh

Former Hibernian Bank building typical of many built in Irish towns in the 19th century with a ground floor banking hall with accommodation for the branch manager and his family above. Austere plain...

28 September 2009

1884 – Former Masonic Hall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: J.H. Fullerton An eccentric polychromatic building built as a Masonic Hall and now used as a Plymouth Brethren Meeting House. The building features a wedge-shaped belfry, turreted staircase, rooftop fleche – many...

28 September 2009

1818 – Orange Hall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Unusual Orange Hall that consiste of a later hall from 1950 built behind an older building of 1818 with twin pediments and coach arches.

28 September 2009

1867 – Tourist Information Office, Armagh

Architect: Sir Charles Lanyon Formerly a branch of the Belfast Banking Company and thereafter the Northern Bank, the Tourist Information Office was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon in 1867. A deceptively large building,...

28 September 2009

1838 – Savings Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Fine classical Savings Bank building on a prominant site close to the Mall. Well proportioned and in good condition, it is now for sale following some bank mergers and branch...

28 September 2009

1820s – Granary, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Good quality ashlar faced former Granary building now in use as community rooms for a local religious group.

28 September 2009

1832 – St Patrick’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Lewis Cottingham / Thomas Drew The present Anglican cathedral in the city is mostly a 19th century restoration of the 13th century shell and is sited on a hill in the centre...