Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Armagh

28 September 2009

1838 – Savings Bank, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Fine classical Savings Bank building on a prominant site close to the Mall. Well proportioned and in good condition, it is now for sale following some bank mergers and branch...

28 September 2009

1820s – Granary, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Good quality ashlar faced former Granary building now in use as community rooms for a local religious group.

28 September 2009

1832 – St Patrick’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Lewis Cottingham / Thomas Drew The present Anglican cathedral in the city is mostly a 19th century restoration of the 13th century shell and is sited on a hill in the centre...

28 September 2009

1834 – 1-5 St. Mark’s Place, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A good collection of terraced houses along the Mall. Though not of the quality of Beresford Terrace or Charlemont Place, these are good quality houses. The end house also has substantial outbuildings and...

28 September 2009

1827 – Charlemont Place, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Alongside the Mall, where there are several fine terraces of house, Charlemont Place stands out. Set back from the streetline of the other houses, Charlemont Place is large terrace of...

28 September 2009

1827 – Beresford Row, The Mall, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A fine stone terrace overlooking the leafy Mall which was once the fashionable centre of Armagh. In the centre of a longer terrace, these two houses feature a novel approach to entry to...

28 September 2009

18th C. – Market Square Houses, Armagh, Co. Armagh

A restored terrace of houses overlooking the Market Square dating from the 18th century.

28 September 2009

18th C – Bank of Ireland, Upper English St., Armagh, Co. Armagh

A recently refurbished house typical of many built in this area of the city centre by successive Archbishops improving the city. Originally a townhouse, and later a hotel, this has been converted to...

28 September 2009

1834 – County Museum, Armagh, Co. Armagh

Architect: William Murray Now housing the County Museum, this small pedimented building with twin entrances on either side was originally built as a small meeting house. Cleanly detailed with tall thin roundheaded windows.