Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Carlow

09 March 2013

1850 – Railway Station, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow

Architect: Sancton Wood Wonderful symmetrical composition with a stationmaster’s house in the upper floor of the central building. His quarter have a small balcony over the ticket hall.The building suffers visually from the...

07 March 2013

1913 – Church of Christ the Redeemer, Myshall, Co. Carlow

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Also known as the Adelaide Memorial Church. Built as a memorial to Constance Duguid, an englishwoman who was engaged to be married to a member of a local landowning family....

07 March 2013

1855 – Gateway to Duckett’s Grove, Co. Carlow

Architect: John Macduff Derick Fantastically muscular design for the main gateway to Duckett’s Grove – with a total extant of 240feet including two gateways, and an array of towers. The architect was originally...

27 November 2012

1840s – Dunleckney Manor, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow

Architect: Daniel Robertson Sir Nicholas Bagenal came to Ulster as Marshal of Elizabeth 1st’s army, settled in County Carlow and founded Bagenalstown. The family’s first house at Dunleckney was built in about 1610...

27 November 2012

1836 – Mount Leinster Lodge, Co. Carlow

Architect: Daniel Robertson Detached four-bay two-storey Tudor Revival house with half-dormer attic, c. 1840, on an asymmetrical plan with granite ashlar façade having carved stone dressings including mullioned bay and oriel windows and...

27 November 2012

1835 – Ballydarton House, Fenagh, Co. Carlow

Architect: Daniel Robertson This is a detached two-storey Tudor Revival country house with half-dormer attic, built c.1830, with three-stage battlemented tower to centre on a square plan, cut stone dressings including mullioned bay...

19 March 2012

1859 – St. Austin’s Abbey, Tullow, Co. Carlow

Architect: Deane & Woodward St. Austin’s Abbey was built in the 1850’s by Charles Henry Doyne youngest son of Robert Doyne. The architects were Sir Thomas Newenham Deane and Benjamin Woodward. The house...

22 November 2011

1800 – House Design, Co. Carlow

Architect: Plan of a House, front elevation, basement, ground & first floor, inscribed on outside, and dated Carlow 1800.

26 March 2011

1834 – Courthouse, Carlow, Co. Carlow

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison Carlow Courthouse was designed by William Vitruvius Morrison in 1830,completed in 1834, and is considered one of his finest works. It is built of Carlow granite and gives the...

Skip to toolbar