Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cavan

25 June 2015

1810 – Lanesborough Lodge, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Constructed around 1810 for the Cavendish Butler family. Burned out in the early 1920s and now an ivy-clad ruin

15 January 2015

13th C. – Drumlane Priory, Co. Cavan

The remains of a 13th century church and round tower. St Mary’s Priory was established here on the northern banks of Garfiney Lough in the 12th century for Augustinian Canons. The church, which...

13 October 2014

1795 – 1st Bailieborough Presbyterian Church, Co. Cavan

Corglass Congregation was founded in 1714.

02 October 2014

1887 – Trinity Presbyterian Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Built to replace an older Church which had been erected about 1770. This older Church was known as 2nd Bailieborough and is now demolished with just the graveyard remaining. The new church was...

01 October 2014

1839 – St. Anne’s Church, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

St. Anne’s Roman Catholic Church was erected in 1839 and replaced an older Church near to this site which was described as a long thatched Chapel, which was built during the late 1700s....

01 October 2014

1847 – Model House, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley Erected as an Agricultural Training School with suitable offices and a 48 acre farm attached. Intended as a training school where eight pupils boarded and were taught both the theory...

01 October 2014

1850 – Model Schools, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley The Model Schools were erected between 1848 and 1850, the costs of which was funded by Sir John Young, later Lord Lisgar. Divided into separate boys and girls schools with...

30 September 2014

1860s – The Castle, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Victorian house, the home of the 1st and indeed last Lord Lisgar, who was Governor of New South Wales, and later Governor-General of Canada. Also known as Lisgar House or Bailieborough Castle. In...

06 June 2014

1929 – Sacred Heart Church, Arvagh, Co. Cavan

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne The foundation stone was laid on 2nd October 1927, and the official opening took place on 8th September 1929. The architect was Ralph H. Byrne, of W.H. Byrne &...


Skip to toolbar