Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cavan

21 March 2014

1966 – St. Joseph’s Church, Ballyjamesduff, Co. Cavan

Architect: Philip Cullivan Built to replace an older church erected in 1834. A central part of the design was to allow natural light throughout the church. Four sources of light are arranged, one...

27 November 2013

1802 – Farnham House, Co. Cavan

Architect: Francis Johnston A large addition around 1802 by Francis Johnston gave the house its current form today. This is the latter day surviving Farnham House, which is now incorporated as the centrepiece...

14 August 2013

1863 – Saint Brigid’s Church, Killeshandra, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague Incomplete as designed and illustrated, Hague’s fantastically ornate spire wasn’t constructed and was capped off at the top of a simplified version of the tower. Finished in local stone with...

09 March 2013

1858 – AIB, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: William G. Murray Built as a branch of the Provincial Bank of Ireland, and now a branch for AIB. In traditional Irish manner, contains a residence for the branch manager. Photograph courtesy,...

12 October 2012

1840 – Castle Saunderson, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Castle Saunderson is a large castellated mansion in a Tudor-Revival style. The majority of the structure dates from 1840, architect unknown, but it was added onto an earlier house creating an unusual appearance...

01 October 2012

1878 – Masonic Hall, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Originally built by First and Second Bailieborough Presbyterian Churches as an institute for the education of boys in their faith. In 1903 it was acquired by the Masonic Order and it continues to...

17 October 2010

1730 – Bellamont Forest, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Architect: Sir Edward Lovett Pearce Built between 1725 and 1730 for Thomas Coote, once Lord Justice of Ireland, and designed by Coote’s gifted nephew, architect Sir Edward Lovett Pearce. Bellamont Forest is one...

28 September 2009

2005 – Library & Heritage Centre, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: Shaffrey Architects The overall aim of this project wass to create a Great Public Space for the people of Cavan. This building, completed in late 2005 replaced an outdated and inadequate Central...

28 September 2009

1942 – Cathedral of Saints Patrick and Felim, Cavan, Co. Cavan

Architect: William H. Byrne & Son The original Cathedral of the diocese of Kilmore was situated about four miles south of Cavan town in the present parish of Kilmore. Some time in the...