Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cavan

28 September 2009

1904 – Post Office, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: Robert Cochrane An attractive and eclective small post office building from the early twenthieth century when many similar buildings were built across the country. This particular one has a most impressive doorway.

28 September 2009

1928 – Belturbet Town Hall, Co. Cavan

Architect: Patrick J. Brady Public building with few architectural pretensions other than the round-headed windows at ground level and the small, awkwardly proportioned pediment. Brady was an architect and civil engineer, of Ballyhaise,...

28 September 2009

1828 – Church of Ireland, Belturbet, Co. Cavan

Architect: On the highest point in the town, the Church of Ireland has a fine, if short, tower and spire. It was built on the site of an earlier church built between 1622...

28 September 2009

1733 – Ballyhaise Agriculture College, Co. Cavan

Architect: Richard Cassels Ballyhaise House was built for the Newburghs, a local landowning family, in the 1730s. Richard Cassels (1690-1751) was of German origin and also known as Richard Castle. He settled in...

28 September 2009

1863 – St. Aiden’s Church, Butlersbridge, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Hague This church designed by local architect William Hague, and is one of his most important early works. It was built on land donated by the local landlord, the Earl of...

17 September 2009

1860 – St. Feithlim’s, Kilmore Cathedral, Co. Cavan

Architect: William Slater Work on the present cathedral began in 1858, and it was designed by the English architect William Slater. The porch was added to the Cathedral in 1869, from William Slater’s...

Pages:« Prev123