Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Clare

23 March 2014

1850 – Spectacle Bridge, Lisdoonvarna, Co. Clare

Architect: John Hill This unusual bridge spans a deep narrow gorge through which the Aille River flows. As it had to support the road at the top, a double arch forming a circular...

09 November 2012

1189 – Clare Abbey, Clarecastle, Co. Clare

Established by Donal Mor O’Brien in 1189, the abbey at Clarecastle, County Clare was the first, largest and most important Augustinian house in the region. When the charter was re-confirmed in 1461, the...

23 April 2012

1859 – Ardsollus and Quin railway station, Co. Clare

Architect: Ardsollus and Quin railway station was a station on the railway from Limerick to Ennis and served the village of Quin. Opened by the Limerick and Ennis Railway, it was absorbed by...

08 February 2011

2008 – Clare County Hall, Ennis, Co. Clare

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners The commission for the new headquarters for Clare County Council was won in a competition in 2004. The site, a long established base for Clare County Council,...

04 February 2011

2007 – Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre, Co. Clare

Architect: Reddy O’Riordan Staehli Architects The Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre, set into the barren landscape of West Clare, Ireland replaces a series of ad-hoc Visitor facility buildings that serves the 900,000 visitors...

03 February 2011

1240 – Ennis Abbey, Co. Clare

The origins of Ennis date back to 1240AD when Donnchadh Caribreach O’Brien helped establish the Franciscan Order in Ennis, by his offer of hospitality to wandering Friars. An Abbey was later built to...

03 February 2011

1889 – St. Flannan’s Diocesan College, Ennis, Co. Clare

Architect: Francis O’Connor Started in 1878 and completed by March 1889. The clock tower 150 ft high. Cost: £21,000.

26 February 2010

1979 – Unbuilt Clare – Shannon Town Centre

Architects: Burke O’Dea

09 December 2009

1835 – Dromoland Castle, Co. Clare

Architect: James & George Pain Work began around 1822 and cost about 50,000 to complete. The Pain brothers submitted some classical designs but their client Edward O’Brien, 4th Baronet Inchiquin, chose their neo-gothic...

Pages:12Next »