1835 – Dromoland Castle, Co. Clare
Work began around 1822 and cost about 50,000 to complete. The Pain brothers submitted some classical designs but their client Edward O’Brien,
1640 – Lemenagh Castle, Co. Clare
Lemenagh Castle was both a castle (1480) and fortified house (1640) and was one of the principal strongholds of the O’Brien’s.
1600 – Gleninagh Castle, Co. Clare
Gleninagh Castle is a well-preserved sixteenth-century tower house stands guard over the northern shoreline of the Burren. It is an L-shaped building with a spiral stairway in the narrower east section.
1200c – Dysert O Dea Monastery, Co. Clare
The Dysert O Dea Monastic Site is home to the Dysert O Dea Church and the remains of a Round Tower.
1425 – Bunratty Castle, Co. Clare
The present structure was completed by the MacNamara family around 1425 but 50 years later was in the hands of the O’Briens,
15th C. – Caislean Sean Muckinish, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare
Ruined tower house on the coast just outside Ballyvaughan. The Castle of Shanmuckinis, now generally called the Castle of Ballynacregga, is a square castle measuring twenty eight feet six inches by twenty five feet six inches and seventy four feet in height.
1195 – Corcomroe Abbey, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare
Officially “Sancta Maria de Petra Fertili” or “Saint Mary of the Fertile Rock”. Corcomroe Abbey is sited a few miles from Ballyvaughan within sight of the coast.