Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

04 February 2016

1907 – Church, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: M.A. Hennessy “Timoleague (Co. Cork). — A new parish church is being erected in Timoleague, to replace the existing antiquated building. The design of the new’ church was entrusted to Mr. M....

22 January 2016

1891 – Furlong’s Mills, Kennedy Quay, Cork

Architect: James F. McMullen Also known as Marina Mills, demolished circa 1986, the ground floor walls have been kept as a site wall. Described in The Irish Builder, December 15 1890: “The bricks...

22 January 2016

1875 – Lighthouse and Keepers Dwellings, Galley Head, Co. Cork

Architect: John S. Sloane Galley Head Lighthouse is one of 70 lighthouses operated by the Commissioners of Irish Lights around the coast of Ireland. The station was designed by Mr J. S. Sloane,...

06 January 2016

1907 – Unbuilt design for Church, Timoleague, Co. Cork

Architect: William A. Scott Competition entry to design a new Roman Catholic Church for Timoleague. Exhibited at RHA.

18 September 2015

1849 – St. Peter’s Church of Ireland, Bandon, Co. Cork

Architect: Joseph Welland The first church built on the present site was in 1614 with the help of Richard Boyle, the Earl of Cork. The town walls enclosed the church and the church...

20 July 2015

1893 – Proposal for Custom House, Cobh, Co. Cork

Architect: Robert Cochrane “OUR illustration with this issue is that of the proposed Customs offices Queenstown County Cork, the original drawing of which was exhibited at the recent Exhibition of the Royal Hibernian...

13 July 2015

1808 – Bearforest, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Constructed 1807-08 for Robert Delacour to designs by Sir Richard Morrison. Inscribed on the entablature over the entrance ‘est ubi depellata somnos minus invida cura’ from Horace Epistle 1.10. A...

08 July 2015

1866 – The Munster Arcade, Patrick St., Cork

Architect: William Fogerty The Munster Arcade was one of the principal department stores in Cork. Based on St. Patrick’s Street, it traded until the 1970s. On the upper floors can be seen the...

02 April 2015

1902 – International Exhibition, Cork

Architect: Henry A. Cutler The 1902 Cork International Exhibition took place on 8 hectares of reclaimed marshland the Mardyke area of Cork, which is now Fitzgerald’s Park. Exhibitions included a Canadian pavilion, art...

Pages:1234567...17Next »