Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

05 November 2009

1965 – Cork Opera House, Cork

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The Opera House replaced an older building on this site that burned down in December 1955. Originally built as the Athenaeum, the older building was developed to house exhibitions...

05 November 2009

1998 – Crawford Gallery Extension, Cork

Architect: Erick van Egeraat The Crawford Art Gallery occupies a prominent position in the heart of the City of Cork and prior to the new extension was a clever amalgamation of two separate...

05 November 2009

1998 – Gate Cineplex, Cork

Architect: Derek Tynan Associates Part of a larger development of a hostel, cinema and apartment complex designed to revitalise this part of the Cork quays. The cinema announces itself with its corner entrance...

05 November 2009

1999 – Social Housing, Cork, Co. Cork

Architect: Cork City Architects Department Urban infill to provide six terraced houses with car parking spaces designed by Cork City Architects Department. The houses are stepped down a hillside and are visually separated...

05 November 2009

2004 – Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Cork, Co. Cork

Architect: O’Donnell + Tuomey The Lewis Glucksman Gallery, located at University College Cork’s main entrance on Western Road, is a major new addition to the vibrant cultural life of the Munster region. The...

05 November 2009

1873 – Grand Hotel, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Brash

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Fine imposing building looking down Pearse Square from Patrick Street. Has changed little from old postcards yet seems strangely unloved and uncared for. Rebuilt in 1908 after a fire.

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Unusually designed buildings along Pearse Square dating from 1908 which show some Art Nouveau influences yet with the incredibly narrow facades resemble buildings from Amsterdam canal-banks.

05 November 2009

1804 – Christ Church, Church of Ireland, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Abraham Hargrave Church of Portland stone with tower and spire on the site of 13th century Cistercian abbey. The contractors were William Deane and William Kearns. According to Lewis’s Topographical Directory of...