Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

05 November 2009

1999 – Social Housing, Cork, Co. Cork

Architect: Cork City Architects Department Urban infill to provide six terraced houses with car parking spaces designed by Cork City Architects Department. The houses are stepped down a hillside and are visually separated...

05 November 2009

2004 – Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Cork, Co. Cork

Architect: O’Donnell + Tuomey The Lewis Glucksman Gallery, located at University College Cork’s main entrance on Western Road, is a major new addition to the vibrant cultural life of the Munster region. The...

05 November 2009

1873 – Grand Hotel, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Brash

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Fine imposing building looking down Pearse Square from Patrick Street. Has changed little from old postcards yet seems strangely unloved and uncared for. Rebuilt in 1908 after a fire.

05 November 2009

1908 – Commercial Building, Pearse Square, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: W.H. Hill Unusually designed buildings along Pearse Square dating from 1908 which show some Art Nouveau influences yet with the incredibly narrow facades resemble buildings from Amsterdam canal-banks.

05 November 2009

1804 – Christ Church, Church of Ireland, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Abraham Hargrave Church of Portland stone with tower and spire on the site of 13th century Cistercian abbey. The contractors were William Deane and William Kearns. According to Lewis’s Topographical Directory of...

05 November 2009

1838 – Protestant Almshouse, Youghal, Co. Cork

Architect: William Tinsley Reportedly designed in 1826 but not built for over a decade, the Protestant Asylum was built in 1838 by the Protestant Relief Society to provide rooms for the homeless. It...

05 November 2009

1798 – St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, Youghal, Co. Cork

05 November 2009

1777 – Clock Gate, Youghal, Co. Cork

Architect: William Meade This is the third gate on this site in the town walls and was completed in 1777. The tower was used as the town gaol until 1837 and prisoners were...