Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

23 September 2009

1878 – Bank of Ireland, Mill Street, Co. Cork

Architect: Brett & Sons Designed as a branch of the National Bank, the is a fine small-town bank designed in a High Victorian Gothic with fine chimney stacks. The National Bank in Millstreet...

23 September 2009

1879 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: S.F. Hynes The chapel was a later addition to the Romanesque Revival complex, and was designed by S.F. Hynes. “This chapel is to be built in connection with the Convent of Mercy,...

23 September 2009

1875 – St Lukes, Cork

Architect: Sir John Benson & William H. Hill Saint Luke’s Church of Ireland was the third church to stand on the site. Sir John Benson and William H. Hill designed the church in...

23 September 2009

1871 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Enniskeane, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Evans After almost being bankrupted by the building of the Roman Catholic parish church of Crosshaven, designed by E.W. Pugin, Richard Evans, a builder, designed this church in Enniskeane. This is...

23 September 2009

1868 – Presbytery, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1868 while the church was under construction, the Presbytery shows much of Pugin’s hand than Ashlin’s. This is a fine Victorian...

23 September 2009

1869 – Park House, Co. Cork

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Extended and altered for Charles Talbot Ponsonby in 1867. “With this number we present our readers with a lithograph illustration of Park House, County Cork, the residence...

23 September 2009

1867 – Saint Patrick’s Church, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Originally designed by the Pain brothers in 1836, the interior is Gothick in style with later fittings by S.F. Hynes. The exterior however is by E.W. Pugin and G.C....

23 September 2009

1867 – Convent of Mercy, Skibbereen, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This chapel, just erected by Mr. W. Murphy, Bantry, has been dedicated. It is in connection with the existing convent, which is situated on an elevation at eastern entrance...

23 September 2009

1869 – Ballyhooley Catholic Church, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin “This church, of which we give an illustration, is to be erected on a suitable site near Mallow, Co. Cork, for the Rev. Mr. Burton. The architects have been...