Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

16 January 2012

1860 – Magourney Church, Coachford, Co. Cork

Architect: Joseph Welland Early English style with a 4-bay nave, 1-bay chancel and southern porch.

13 December 2011

1879 – S.S. Peter & Paul Presbytery & Schools, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Presbytery and schools for 740 children. Presbytery has hall, waiting and reception rooms on ground floor and 15 sitting and bedrooms on 1st floor, with 2 bathrooms. Tower, which separates...

13 December 2011

1847 – University College Cork

Architect: Thomas Deane One of three colleges constructed in Belfast, Galway and Cork, the original buildings of UCC were nominally designed by Thomas Deane. However it is now more accepted that most of...

13 December 2011

1847 – The Eglinton Lunatic Asylum, Cork

Architect: William Atkins Originally designed as three separate ranges spectactularly sited overlooking the river Lee. Constructed between 1847 and 1852, the ranges were linked by low arcades which also linked a chapel and...

03 June 2011

1931 – Christ the King, Turner’s Cross, Cork

Architect: Barry Byrne According to Shane O’Toole, in a piece for The Sunday Times “Byrne (1883-1967), a protégé and friend of Frank Lloyd Wright, never set foot inside what he regarded as his...

23 April 2011

1851 – Chetwynd Viaduct, Co. Cork

Architect: Charles Nixon Designed by Charles Nixon (a former pupil of I.K. Brunel) and built between 1849 and 1851 by Fox, Henderson and Co, which also built the Crystal Palace in London. The...

05 April 2011

1913 – Coliseum Theatre, MacCurtain Street, Cork

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Constructed as a Picture Theatre, the Coliseum remained in used until the 1970s.

23 March 2011

1820 – Castle Freke, Co. Cork

Architect: Richard Morrison Ruined for many years, currently undergoing reconstruction.

01 March 2011

2010 – Child and Psychiatric Unit, Cork

Architect: McCullough Mulvin Bessboro House and its demesne has been a therapeutic campus for many years under the auspices of the Sacred Heart Sisters, who still live in the 18th century house. A...


Skip to toolbar