Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Cork

03 February 2011

2007 – Cork City Council Civic Offices

Architects: ABK Architects The design for the new Civic Offices for Cork City is the product of a ‘Design and Build’ competition set by Cork City Council in Feb 2004. The project was...

03 February 2011

2007 – CIT Cork School of Music

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects photos yright: Located on the banks of the River Lee, theCIT Cork School of Music provides a bespoke academic facility in a unique city centre setting. The 12000sqm ‘state...

03 February 2011

2007 – CSPCA Animal Home & Boarding Kennels, Cork

Architects: Boyd Barrett Murphy O’Connor The C.S.P.C.A. Animal Home & Boarding Kennels building totaling 880m2 occupies a triangular site that remained after developing the adjacent retail complex and provides a facility for much...

03 February 2011

1595 – Market House, Kinsale, Co. Cork

The old market and court house is now Kinsales museum. With its distinctive dutch gables and slate hung facade, it is a striking design. It was here in 1915 that the inquest ito...

16 January 2011

1930 – Cork Gas Consumer Co., Patrick St., Cork

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie Remodelled in an art deco style in 1930 by Daniel A. Levie. Demolished.

05 November 2010

1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork...

14 October 2010

1885 – St Finbarr’s College, Farranferris, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Designed by Robert Walker for The Most Rev Dr. Delany as a Diocesan College attached to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross. A secondary school only in its...

14 October 2010

1888 – Capuchin Convent, Charlotte Quay, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Front elevation including ground plan as published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. Adjoining the fantastically ornate Holy Trinity church.

24 August 2010

1500 – Desmond Castle, Kinsale, Co. Cork

Desmond Castle was built as the Customs House for Kinsale about the year 1500 by Maurice FitzGerald, 9th Earl of Desmond, following the grant of the customs of the port of Kinsale to...

09 June 2010

1880 – Parnell Bridge, Cork

Architect: T. Claxton Fiddler The old Anglesea Bridge, built in the 1830s, could not cope with the volume of traffic using the bridge by the 1870s. Cork Corporation decided to replace the old...