Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Derry

11 November 2015

1880 – House, Ardlough, Co. Derry

Architect: Frederick H. Godwin “This house stands a little way out of the City of Londonderry, and is beautifully situated on the banks of the River Faughan. The ground floor contains: – entrance...

28 July 2015

1879 – Our Lady of the Assumption, Magherafelt, Co. Derry

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Large French Gothic style church with triple recessed pointed arch doorway and tall three stage tower. “The church, which we illustrate in this issue, is in course of erection...

29 May 2015

1814 – Former Foyle College, Derry

Architect: John Bowden Foyle College traces its origins to 1617 and the establishment of the Free Grammar School at Society Street within the city walls of Derry by Mathias Springham of the Merchant...

05 June 2014

1855 – Railway Station, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Charles Lanyon Original railway station for the BBCPJR – Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway – constructed for the opening of the line in 1855. A second building in a similar...

01 April 2014

1849 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Ballinderry, Co. Derry

Architect: Joseph Welland Fine yet simple Church of Ireland by Joseph Welland.

27 March 2014

1875 – Waterside Railway Station, Derry

Architect: John Lanyon The Belfast & Northern Counties Railway commissioned an impressive dressed sandstone structure with Italianate tower, which opened in 1875. In addition to the usual train shed, waiting, booking and refreshment...

27 March 2014

1870 – Foyle Road Railway Station, Derry

Architect: Turner & Williamson Italianate railway terminus for the Great Northern Railway Company by Turner & Williamson. This was one of two stations in Derry, the other being the Waterside Station of the...

26 March 2014

1789 – Bishop Gate, City Walls, Derry, Co. Derry

Architect: Henry Aaron Baker The present Bishop Gate was built in 1789 as a triumphal arch to mark the first centenary of the closing of the gates by The Apprentice Boys of Derry....

25 March 2014

1846 – Assembly Rooms, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth Constructed as the Parochial Sunday School by Booth for the Draper’s Company estates. The war memorial is attached to the side wall of the building, and contains the names...

Pages:1234Next »