Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Derry

25 March 2014

1827 – Presbyterian Church, Ballykelly, Co. Derry

Architect: Richard Suter Constructed by the Fishmongers Company London who owned the land around Ballykelly for the local populace after they discovered the poor condition of the existing church. Richard Suter was Surveyor...

01 March 2014

1906 – Austin’s Department Store, Derry

Architect: M.A. Robinson A most imposing 5 storey Edwardian building with its conglomeration of large windows, columns, pedestals, balconies and a copper roofed cupola. This flamboyant building was built between 1904 and 1907...

01 March 2014

1832 – St. John’s Church of Ireland, Moneymore, Co. Derry

Architect: William J. Booth / J.H. Fullerton Designed in a Norman revival style by the architect William Booth for The Drapers Company who also paid for much of the renovation and construction of...

01 March 2014

1868 – St Matthias Church of Ireland, Loup, Co. Derry

Architect: Welland & Gillespie The ecclesiastical district of Ballyeglish began in 1866, on land donated by the Salters Company. The building was constructed from white limestone from the nearby Drapers Company estate, relieved...

13 November 2013

1863 – Carlisle Bridge, Derry

A iron-framed double-decked bridge constructed 1859-63. Replaced in 1931.

08 October 2013

1828 – Governor Walker’s Monument, Derry

Architect: John Henry The former Walker’s Pillar was a memorial to Rev. George Walker, the rector of Donaghmore, Co. Tyrone, who came to Derry prior to the Siege of 1688-89. He was quickly...

03 January 2013

1692 – Exchange, Derry, Co. Derry

Architect: Captain Francis Neville Built to replace the Exchange of 1622, which was largely destroyed during the Siege of Derry. According to the Ordnance survey of the county of Londonderry (1837): “The Town...

03 January 2013

1622 – Exchange or Market House, Derry

Originally erected by the London Corporation at a cost of over 500 pounds after a decision taken in 1616 that “a market house and a town house should be erected in Derry, by...

15 October 2012

1787 – Ballyscullion House, Co. Derry

Architect: Michael Shanahan Ballyscullion House was one of three eccentric palaces built by the equally eccentric Frederick Augustus Hervey, 4th Earl of Bristol and Lord Bishop of Derry. The other two were at...


Skip to toolbar