Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Donegal

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

The railway opened in 1886 for the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway and taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1876. This station was erected in 1891 to replace an old wooden structure....

01 April 2014

1863 – Railway Station, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal

Architect: John C. Bower The station opened on 3 September 1863 on the Finn Valley Railway line from Glenties to Stranorlar. Stranorlar became the headquarters of the successor company, the Donegal Railway Company...

02 March 2014

1875 – Bank of Ireland, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey The Hibernian Bank aggressively pursued the business of the new Catholic middle classes, and in doing so, used an architectural idiom similar to that being used in the new churches...

12 June 2013

1945 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne Large Roman Catholic church that proclaims its position over the town and countryside. Done in a vaguely Italianate style with the campanile and crossing tower and dome, described as...

02 January 2013

1906 – St. Eunan’s College, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: T.F. McNamara Odd castle-like school by T.F. McNamara, who had recently completed Hague’s cathedral in the town, when he was cmomissioned. Four circular towers, some conical, some castellated, provide the school with...

02 January 2013

1820 – Rathmullan House, Co. Donegal

Built in 1820 as a summer house for the family of Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Knox, Rathmullan House is now a small country house hotel.

06 March 2012

1817 – Fanad Lighthouse, Co. Donegal

Architect: George Halpin Construction started in 1812-13 with the tone brought pre-cut from North Wall, Dublin. Light first lit St Patrick’s Day 1817.

07 April 2011

1863 – Lough Eske Castle, Co. Donegal

Architect: Fitzgibbon Louch The original castle was first built around 1474. The current Lough Eske Castle was reconstructed in the 1860s by the Brooke family on the site of their medieval castle. The...

17 March 2011

2007 – Tuath na Mara, Portsalon, Co. Donegal

Architect: MacGabhann Architects Private House on Lough Swilly, Co. Donegal, 2006-2007. Winner of: Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland, Public Choice Award and Best house 2008 Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland, Irish...

Pages:12Next »