Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Down

26 August 2015

1875 – St. Catherine of Sienna, Dominican Church, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Church for the Dominicans, foundation stone laid in May 1873. Although dedicated in September 17 187r, the spire was not completed until 1884. The mosaic decoration in chancel & chapels...

25 August 2015

1872 – Ardara House, Comber, Co. Down

A large two-storey house built in 1872 for Thomas Andrews (father of the other Thomas Andrews, designer of the Titanic) in a Italianate style with a projecting eaves cornice and a hipped slate...

28 July 2015

1879 – Gransha Presbyterian Church, Comber, Co. Down

Architect: Henry Chappell “This Church (the foundation stone of which was laid by Mr. H. L. Mulholland on the 7th October last, in the unavoidable absence of his father, John Mulholland, Esq., M.P.,...

28 July 2015

1870 – Christ Church of Ireland, Kilmore, Co. Down

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew “It is a picturesque and prettily-situated building, of a character in harmony with its rural position. It is intended to accommodate 300 persons, and is carefully planned, with attention...

22 July 2015

1894 – Villas, Donaghdee, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt “THE plans of these villas were prepared for a gentleman residing in Belfast, who for many years has been an annual visitor to this watering place. They were to have...

21 July 2015

1894 – Arkeen House, Newcastle, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt “THIS house which a short time back purchased by Mr. George G. Sloane and stands forward from the front of Bellvue Hotel, occupying a very position facing the sea, and...

23 March 2015

1781 – Former Bishop’s Palace, Dromore, Co. Down

Described as “a fine, three-storey, late 18th century block, built in 1781 by the Rt Rev and Hon William Beresford, Lord Bishop of Dromore, afterwards Lord Bishop of Ossory; later Lord Archbishop of...

17 March 2015

1882 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Seapatrick, Banbridge, Co. Down

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew, Seapatrick Parish can trace its history back to the 5th century when tradition has it that St Patrick camped overnight to rest on his journey from Downpatrick to Armagh....

04 March 2015

1906 – Orange Hall, Scarva, Co. Down

Architect: Hobart & Heron Large Orange Hall designed by Henry Hobart of Hobart & Heron, and constructed in 1906.


Skip to toolbar