Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

14 July 2015

1879 – Entrance Lodge, Johnston-Kennedy, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

Architect: R.A. Gray Originally a part of the Johnstown Kennedy Estate which was granted to Sir John Charles Kennedy around 1750. It comprised 382 acres on which he built a three-storey Georgian house....

07 April 2015

1690s – Barrack Bridge, Dublin

Barrack Bridge was originally a wooden structure built in 1670, and was the second bridge across the river Liffey. During its construction, a number of men attempted to destroy it on several occasions...

28 March 2015

1913 – House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper Domestic house by English architect William Whymper, one of two buildings in Foxrock that he designed. His other local commission was the clubhouse at Foxrock Golf Club. It is unclear...

28 March 2015

1912 – Golf Club House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper The suburb of Foxrock was developed by William and John Bentley and Edward and Anthony Fox, who, in 1859, leased the lands of the Foxrock Estate from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners...

23 February 2015

16th C. – Finglaswood House, Finglas, Co. Dublin

Elizabethan house, also known as King James’ Castle. Described in The Neighbourhood of Dublin, in 1912 as: “Due south of Finglas, and situated on the green banks of the Tolka, is the conspicuous...

23 February 2015

1729 – Archiepiscopal Palace, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

A castle was built on the site by the Anglo-Normans in 1324 to defend their town from the Irish tribes in the adjacent mountain territory. The castle gradually became run-down and was mostly...

11 February 2015

1796 – Graving Docks, Grand Canal Docks, Dublin

The Grand Canal Dock opened in 1796 to much celebration. Originally, there were three graving docks, primarily used for ship repair. The largest was 180ft x 65ft, the second 150ft and the third...

31 January 2015

1905 – Kilteragh, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Designed for Sir Horace Plunkett, by England-based William D. Caroe, in an Arts and Crafts style. Plunkett was involved in the agricultural co-operative Movement, a MP for South Co. Dublin,...

13 January 2015

1730s – Design for Stillorgan House, Co. Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Around 1730, Sir Edward Lovett Pearce designed a replacement of Stillorgan House for the 2nd Viscount Allen. It was never built, although some of his designs for the gardens...

Pages:1234567...27Next »