Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

03 February 2011

2008 – Commissioners of Irish Lights, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The headquarters of the Commissioners of Irish Lights is designed as a beacon along Dun Laoghaire’s waterfront. This site has been the home of the Commissioners of Irish Lights...

02 February 2011

2008 – Elmpark, Co. Dublin

Architect: Bucholz McEvoy Architects A continuous garden covers the ground floor level. The buildings overhead define different areas within this garden, with ‘courtyards’ oriented on the north–south axis relating to the individual buildings...

02 February 2011

2009 – Rush Library, Co. Dublin

Architect: McCullough Mulvin Architects The former St Maur’s Church stands on the site of an 18th century chapel but looks irreproachably Victorian, pink surrounds and grey stone walls (once rendered against the wind...

18 November 2010

1840 – Carrigrehane, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: Tudor-style house built in a robust asymmetrical design overlooking Dublin bay.

07 July 2010

1847 – Lighthouse East Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin, This permanent lighthouse and dwelling was designed by Chief Engineer with the Ballast Board, George Halpin, with some later alterations by Jacob Owen. The cost of the granite tower was...

30 June 2010

1994 – O’Reilly Hall, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker By the 1990s the need was recognized for an “˜aula maxima’ for University College Dublin as a home for conferring, alumni events and general conference. A lakeside site was...

03 May 2010

1887 – The Paddocks, Leopardstown Park, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Published in The Building News, September 30th 1887. Built at Leopardstown Racecource and later demolished.

03 May 2010

2009 – Precast House, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: FKL Architects Called Precast House, the project comprises three separate volumes emerging from the sloping site – a house, garage and swimming pool. The three buildings are made of polished precast concrete,...

12 April 2010

1962 – Church of our Lady Mother of Divine Grace, Raheny, Co. Dublin

Architect: Peppard & Duffy Modern church recalling the design of Irish Romanesque doorways at Abbeys and churches. Not completely successful, the remainder of the church is quite boxy.