2003 – Virus Reference Laboratory, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
One of the most recent campus additions is McCullough Mulvin’s extension to the Virus Reference Laboratory (VRL).
2003 – Centre for Research into Infectious Diseases, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
For the first time, the campus at Belfield has a landmark visible from its main entrance on Stillorgan Road.
2001 – Student Centre, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
Murray O’Laoire Architects won a limited competition for the design of this Student Centre in 1991.
1979 – Agriculture Block, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
A strong muscular almost brutalist facade treatment gives the Agriculture building a stern and forbidding appearance.
1973 – Library, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
The James Joyce Library is the central branch of the UCD Library system, housing Arts,
1969 – Restaurant Building, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
The UCD restaurant building was awarded the RIAI Gold Medal for 1968-70, and was designed by Robin Walker of what was then Michael Scott &
1972 – Administration Building, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin
In 1964, a competition to design a masterplan for the UCD campus at Belfield was won by young Polish architect Andrzei Wejchert.
1879 – Church of the Holy Cross, Dundrum, Co. Dublin
Described in a contemporary account as ‘built as far as practicable on the lines of the old chapel only much larger and with [a?] wider transept’.
1854 – Railway Station, Dundrum, Co. Dublin
The original Dundrum station built by William Dargan in 1854 behind the modern Luas halt. This was the station closest to Dargan’s home at Mount Annville and he was a regular user.