Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

28 January 2010

1790 – Ruined Church of Ireland, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Remains of former Church of Ireland in old graveyard next to the current church. Similar to many churches across the country, this tower probably was part of a simple First Fruits church with...

28 January 2010

1909 – Carnegie Library, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott An elaborately gabled red brick Library, the Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of £1000. Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish multi-millionaire, donated huge amounts of money for the...

28 January 2010

1851 – Station Master House, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth A fine little house sited beside the railway station and built for the Station Master. Similar to others built for the Great Northern Railway in other locations.

28 January 2010

1903 – Malahide Railway Station, Co. Dublin

Architect: William H. Mills Designed in a similar style to other stations on this line notably Dundalk and Drogheda, Malahide Station is a wonderful small building in polychromic brick and with an excellent...

28 January 2010

1850 – St Sylvester’s Church, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: James Bolger An austere Gothic revival church with a fine spire and entrance doorway. The church spire was not added until 1901 by G.C. Ashlin and a poem called “The Church without...

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

28 January 2010

1821 – King George IV Monument, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

The town was officially renamed Kingstown in 1821 in honour of a visit by the British King George IV, but reverted to its ancient Irish name by resolution of the town council in...

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

28 January 2010

1842 – Royal St. George Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / George Papworth A fine facade dominated by classical columns in a design of pedimented pavilions – designed over a period of some years and by two different architects....