Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

27 February 2014

1938 – Irish Sweepstakes Building, Ballsbridge, Co. Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe Office complex built in 1937-38 as the administration centre of the world wide business (and possibly world wide con job) that was the Irish Sweepstakes. Constructed after the previous...

22 February 2014

1907 – Golf Club Pavilion, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Donnelly & Moore Unbuilt design for clubhouse for the then newly established Milltown Golf Club. The clubhouse constructed was designed by George L. O’Connor. Published in The Irish Builder and Engineer, June...

18 February 2014

17th C. – Turvey House, Donabate, Co. Dublin

Turvey House was demolished in 1987. Originally built in the 16th Century by Sir Patrick Barnewall using the stones from the ruins of Grace Dieu Nunnery. A late 17th century house was built...

27 January 2014

1854 – The Nine Arches, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Opened in 1854 to carry the Dublin & Wicklow railway from Harcourt Street to Bray over the Dodder river. Closed in January 1959. Incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the “Waterford,...

20 January 2014

1847 – Railway Station, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Demolished railway station constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Company. Similar in design to station at Lucan North. Closed in 1934 and the site cleared by the constructed...

03 January 2014

17th C. – Brazeel House, Brackenstown, Co. Dublin

According to Maurice Craig, it was a fine example of the skill and craftsmanship of Irish stonemasons and plaster workers in the early 1600s. It was the former residence of the Bolton family,...

13 December 2013

14th C. – Dalkey Castles, Co. Dublin

Dalkey’s main street, Castle Street, has a two 14th Century Norman castles. The first one is known as Goat’s Castle and has been used as the Town Hall since 1869. This castle is...

13 December 2013

1739 – Frescati House, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Built for the provost of Trinity College, John Hely Hutchinson, it was later acquired in the 1750s by the Fitzgerald dukes of Leinster. rescati became one of their three principal residences alongside Leinster...

02 December 2013

1766 – Lucan House, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Chambers, Michael Stapleton Apparently designed by Sir William Chambers with adaptations by Agmondisham Vesey during the construction of the house. Michael Stapleton designed plasterwork for the interior. However this image by...