Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

21 January 2010

1860 – Ardgillan Glasshouse, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Dating from around 1860, this fine and recently restored glasshouse is made of timber rather than cast iron. The glasshouses are set in the gardens of Ardgillan Castle and are open to the...

21 January 2010

1860 – Station Master’s House, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

A fine little house sited beside the railway station and built for the Station Master. Similar to other station master’s houses on this line, notably Malahide and Skerries. Photographic Copyright 2006 Gerry Byrne

21 January 2010

1859 – St George’s School, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes St George’s Parish (Church of Ireland) school, Hampton Street, Balbriggan was provided in 1859 by George Woods of Milverton Hall to the design of Sandham Symes.

21 January 2010

1853 – Railway Station, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth A single-storey Italianate style railway station, built 1853, with three-bay central limestone entrance porch flanked by advanced pedimented single-bays. Not as large as others on this line, but the building...

21 January 2010

1813 – St. George’s Church of Ireland, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie Detached early Gothic Revival Church of Ireland church, built in 1813, on a T-shaped plan comprising of three-bay nave transversed at third bay by single-bay transepts to east. In...

21 January 2010

1761 – Lighthouse & Harbour, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

The harbour comprises of two limestone piers with lighthouse positioned at end of east pier. The East pier is largely of limestone rubble with concrete poured on main pathway while west pier is...

21 January 2010

1738 – Ardgillan Castle, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Originally an 18th century house with a two storey bow fronted centre and single storey wings. In the early 19th century, the central bow was raised a story and castellated as was the...

21 January 2010

1736 – Newbridge House, Donabate, Co. Dublin

Newbridge House is a very fine example of a Georgian mansion within Newbridge Demesne Regional Park. It was built by Archbishop Charles Cobbe in 1736 and remained the family home of the Cobbe...

09 December 2009

1886 – Rockford, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Built as a private residence for W.R. Bruce esq, then later in use as a convent, and now subdivided into private apartments. Perspective view including ground floor plans...