Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

06 May 2014

1743 – Hall’s Barn, Churchtown, Co. Dublin

The Bottle Tower or Hall’s Barn, was commissioned in 1743 by Major Hall of Whitehall House, Co. Dublin. Although the house is gone, the barn still stands, though in quite poor condition. Created...

14 April 2014

1880s – Boland’s Bakery, 9 Georges St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

One of the Boland’s retail shops around Dublin, this shop on George’s Street was a fine Victorian building, with ornate stucco and shopfront. Boland’s had several bakeries in the city as well as...

14 April 2014

1880 – Boland’s Bakery, 14 Cumberland St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Boland’s Bakey at one time had a network or shops as well as bakeries around Dublin. There was two outlets in Dun Laoghaire, then Kingstown, and what was described as a “model bakery”....

01 April 2014

1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson Combined gate-house and school building for St. Patrick’s Church of Ireland in Dalkey. Still standing today although missing the top of the small tower. A parishioner Charles Leslie presented the...

18 March 2014

1881 – Gate Lodge, Dalguise, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Design exhibited at the RHA Exhibition of 1881 and published in The Irish Builder, November 1 1881.

11 March 2014

1868 – St. Paul’s Church of Ireland, Glenageary, Co. Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The cost of this church was provided out of a bequest by a Miss Jane Shannon, a wealthy lady of Belfast, left to build a number of churches in...

27 February 2014

1938 – Irish Sweepstakes Building, Ballsbridge, Co. Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe Office complex built in 1937-38 as the administration centre of the world wide business (and possibly world wide con job) that was the Irish Sweepstakes. Constructed after the previous...

22 February 2014

1907 – Golf Club Pavilion, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Donnelly & Moore Unbuilt design for clubhouse for the then newly established Milltown Golf Club. The clubhouse constructed was designed by George L. O’Connor. Published in The Irish Builder and Engineer, June...

18 February 2014

17th C. – Turvey House, Donabate, Co. Dublin

Turvey House was demolished in 1987. Originally built in the 16th Century by Sir Patrick Barnewall using the stones from the ruins of Grace Dieu Nunnery. A late 17th century house was built...


Skip to toolbar