Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

27 January 2014

1854 – The Nine Arches, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Opened in 1854 to carry the Dublin & Wicklow railway from Harcourt Street to Bray over the Dodder river. Closed in January 1959. Incorporated by Act of Parliament in 1846 as the “Waterford,...

20 January 2014

1847 – Railway Station, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Demolished railway station constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Company. Similar in design to station at Lucan North. Closed in 1934 and the site cleared by the constructed...

03 January 2014

17th C. – Brazeel House, Brackenstown, Co. Dublin

According to Maurice Craig, it was a fine example of the skill and craftsmanship of Irish stonemasons and plaster workers in the early 1600s. It was the former residence of the Bolton family,...

13 December 2013

14th C. – Dalkey Castles, Co. Dublin

Dalkey’s main street, Castle Street, has a two 14th Century Norman castles. The first one is known as Goat’s Castle and has been used as the Town Hall since 1869. This castle is...

13 December 2013

1739 – Frescati House, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Built for the provost of Trinity College, John Hely Hutchinson, it was later acquired in the 1750s by the Fitzgerald dukes of Leinster. rescati became one of their three principal residences alongside Leinster...

02 December 2013

1766 – Lucan House, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Chambers, Michael Stapleton Apparently designed by Sir William Chambers with adaptations by Agmondisham Vesey during the construction of the house. Michael Stapleton designed plasterwork for the interior. However this image by...

26 November 2013

1764 – Marlay House, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Marlay House was built by Thomas Taylor and was originally known as ‘The Grange’. David La Touche, first governor of the newly established Bank of Ireland acquired and extended the house in 1764...

17 October 2013

1850 – Royal Irish Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Constructed between 1847 and 1850, at a cost of around £4,000. From The Builder: “The Royal Irish Yacht Clubhouse, Kingstown, county Dublin, of which a view of the water...

17 October 2013

1936 – Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Jones & Kelly Original pages from Irish Homes brochure circa 1936 of house designs available to purchase in the Mount Merrion development.


Skip to toolbar