Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

22 January 2013

18th C. – Newlands House, Newlands Cross, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

A large nine bay, two-storey over basement house with single-bay substantial pavilions to each end. The house and demense changed hands many times over the years. In 1776, the demesne was purchased by...

03 January 2013

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Completed by Ashlin after the demise of the partnership, although the original tower and spire designed by Pugin & Ashlin was never constructed. A later tower proposed by Ashlin...

19 December 2012

1870s – Loreto Convent, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Although a convent and school still exists on this site, the buildings illustrated are either gone or unrecognisable. The school was started in 1857 when they took over the house with curved bays...

19 December 2012

1843 – Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Founded in 1841 by Frances Teresa Ball (1794-1861), a native of Dublin. Her first foundation was at Rathfarnham and was called Loreto Abbey, from which title the sisters became known as Loreto sisters....

22 November 2012

1727 – Obelisk, Newtown-Park, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Stillorgan Obelisk was built in 1727 at the instigation of Lord Allen, probably to provide local employment that year. It may also have been built as a monument to...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

23 October 2012

1903 – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Pavilion and pleasure grounds incorporating concert hall, sun lounge, and tea rooms. Originally constructed in 1904, but rebuilt in 1916 after a fire the previous year. Later pulled down...

15 October 2012

1841 – Manderley Castle, Killiney, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes Probably designed by Sandham Symes for his grandfather Robert Warren, and originally named to commemorate Queen Victoria’s accession to the throne. Essentially a large suburban house, in extensive private grounds,...