Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

09 April 2013

1714 – Corkagh House, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Corkagh House originally started as a small farmhouse built circa 1650 which was later extended between 1702 and 1714 when a large wing of eight bays and a parapeted roof was constructed. This...

22 January 2013

18th C. – Newlands House, Newlands Cross, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

A large nine bay, two-storey over basement house with single-bay substantial pavilions to each end. The house and demense changed hands many times over the years. In 1776, the demesne was purchased by...

03 January 2013

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Completed by Ashlin after the demise of the partnership, although the original tower and spire designed by Pugin & Ashlin was never constructed. A later tower proposed by Ashlin...

19 December 2012

1870s – Loreto Convent, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Although a convent and school still exists on this site, the buildings illustrated are either gone or unrecognisable. The school was started in 1857 when they took over the house with curved bays...

19 December 2012

1843 – Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Founded in 1841 by Frances Teresa Ball (1794-1861), a native of Dublin. Her first foundation was at Rathfarnham and was called Loreto Abbey, from which title the sisters became known as Loreto sisters....

05 December 2012

1860s – Sandymount Castle, Sandymount, Co. Dublin

The houses along the south side of Sandymount Green are part of what once was Sandymount Castle and the roads behind this bear the name. Really a castellated Victorian villa in a highly...

22 November 2012

1727 – Obelisk, Newtown-Park, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Stillorgan Obelisk was built in 1727 at the instigation of Lord Allen, probably to provide local employment that year. It may also have been built as a monument to...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...