Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

28 August 2012

1845 – St. John the Baptist, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The church of St. John the Baptist was designed by Patrick Byrne in 1842 following a plan by A.W.N. Pugin which was published in the Dublin Review. The initial building...

15 August 2012

1909 – Former Post Office, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland Former Post Office designed by J. Howard Pentland of the Board of Public Works. Now a coffee outlet. Like many of the post offices constructed at this time, it...

08 June 2012

1730s – La Touche Bank, Cork Hill, Dublin

The La Touches were a Huguenots family from the Loire, who fled to Holland on the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes. They later moved to Ireland, becoming involved in the weaving trade...

23 May 2012

1851 – Unbuilt Railway Station, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Papworth Proposed design for a new Station Building for the Dublin and Drogheda Railway at Malahide in the early 1870s.

06 May 2012

1767 – Ely’s Arch, Churchtown, Co. Dublin

Originally an entrance gateway to Rathfarnham castle, this 18th century triumphal arch is attributed to Henry Loftus, Earl of Ely. The arch is named the new gate on Frizell’s map of 1779. After...

16 April 2012

1900 – Lunatic Asylum, Portrane, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Reputed to be the most expensive capital project ever undertaken by the British Government in Ireland, Portrane Lunatic Asylum had a massively complex plan. This was due to the desire...

24 March 2012

1843 – Mount Annville, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / William Dargan Probably initially design by Dargan for himself with work also by John Skipton Mulvany. After Dargan sold the house in 1863, it became a convent and...

14 March 2012

1860s – Bridge, Dublin & Drogheda Railway, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Maurice H. Wilkinson Surveyor Bridge for Barnageeragh Road on the outskirts of Skerries, original drawing with elevation, section and plans. Bridge still in use today.

07 March 2012

1879 – Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Proposed and unbuilt design for Canon Smithwick.