Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Dublin

14 March 2012

1860s – Bridge, Dublin & Drogheda Railway, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Maurice H. Wilkinson Surveyor Bridge for Barnageeragh Road on the outskirts of Skerries, original drawing with elevation, section and plans. Bridge still in use today.

07 March 2012

1879 – Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Proposed and unbuilt design for Canon Smithwick.

28 February 2012

1884 – Merrion Pier and Baths, Dublin

Architect: All that remains is a portion of the concrete basin on the strand of the former public baths. The Dublin Evening Mail described the baths on their opening as “120 feet by...

26 February 2012

1847 – Church and Tower, Lusk, Co. Dublin

Architect: An historic site with various architectural layers from the early 9th century, incorporated into a 15th century tower, and a later church. The round tower stands 27m high with conical cap. The...

14 February 2012

2000 – National Stadium, Abbotstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Proposal led by An Taoiseach Bertie Ahern to build a National Stadium and Sports Campus at Abbotstown. Ultimately dropped due to costs and public opposition, the stadium received the...

09 January 2012

1783 – Dunsink Observatory, Co. Dublin

Architect: The Dunsink Observatory is an astronomical observatory established in 1785 in what was then outside of Dublin by Trinity College Dublin. The site was selected for its elevated position and views over...

06 January 2012

1707 – Custom House, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh The previous Custom House by Thomas Burgh and built in 1707 was sited up river at Essex Quay and was judged as structurally unsound just seventy years later. The site...

04 January 2012

1814 – Design for General Post Office, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Design for a drum and dome on completed General Post Office on Sackville (now O’Connell) Street.

22 November 2011

1880 – House Design, Co. Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell Drawing for unidentified house in Co. Dublin by McCurdy & Mitchell.