Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Kerry

04 April 2014

1871 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Kilmoyley, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Design published in 1868, but the foundation stone was not laid until 1871, with dedication in 1873. “Our principal illustration with this No. is a view of the Catholic...

04 April 2014

1869 – St Moling & St Carthage Church, Brosna, Co. Kerry

Architect: George C. Ashlin Revised design for catholic church in Brosna -the initial design had a tower and spire, but due to costs, a simple belfry on the west facade was decided upon....

03 April 2014

1871 – Co-operative Wholesale Society, Tralee, Co. Kerry

The Co-operative Wholesale Society, although it only commenced business in 1864, had by 1866 already established a depot in Ireland, at Tipperary, for the direct purchase of Irish produce. The policy of direct...

26 October 2013

1853 – Railway Station, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Architect: Joshua Hargrave The railway terminus for the Great Southern and Western Railway, directly opposite their hotel property. The hotel is considered to be one of the first hotels owned by a railway...

06 June 2013

1837 – Glena Cottage, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Cottage ornée originally built by Lady Kenmare for the use of friends and visitors to the Lakes. Queen Victoria had lunch here during her 1861 visit to Killarney. Destroyed by fire in 1922....

06 June 2013

1854 – Great Southern Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Architect: Frederick Darley Constructed after an architectural competition in 1852, that was won by William Atkins with a premium also awards to Richard Brash. The railway line to Killarney from Dublin was about...

06 June 2013

1448 – Muckross Abbey, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Founded in 1448 as a Franciscan friary for the Observantine Franciscans by Donal McCarthy Mor. It has had a violent history and has been damaged and reconstructed many times. Today the abbey is...

06 June 2013

1669 – Crotta House, Kilflynn, Co. Kerry

Architect: Richard Morrison Original house of 1669, owned by the Ponsonby family. Additions of 1819 in a Jacobean style to the existing house by Sir Richard Morrison, who added gables and the curvilinear...

26 May 2013

1880c – Royal Hotel, Valentia, Co. Kerry

Now described as a Bed & Breakfast with a barrather than a hotel, the Royal is sited by the quayside on Valentia Island. Originally constructed circa 1880 and later extended in the 1930s....

Pages:1234Next »