Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Kildare

20 September 2012

1302 – Franciscan Friary, Castledermot, Co.Kildare

Founded in 1302 by Thomas, Lord of Ossory and plundered in 1317. The church was originally a rectangle with transepts added in the 1320s. The monastery was suppressed in 1541. To the south...

19 July 2012

1756 – Design for Bridge, Carton, Co. Kildare

Architect: Isaac Ware James, 20th Earl of Kildare, consulted London architect Isaac Ware during the 1750s. Ware designed the bridge at Carton, the design of which was published in his Complete Body of...

23 April 2012

1859 – Water-house and tank, Sallins, Co. Kildare

Architect: Fine brick water-house with cast-iron tank above for the provision of water to railway engines in the steam era.

16 April 2012

1846 – Design for Royal College of St. Patrick, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin “A general prospect of the Royal College of St Patrick, Maynooth and the proposed additions”. Pugin’s scheme for St. Patrick’s Seminary as designed, but ultimately not completed by...

16 April 2012

1884 – Church of St. Patrick and St. Brigid, Clane, Co. Kildare

Architect: William Hague In 1839 the Presentation Convent was established in Clane. Forty years later the nuns offered their garden as a site for the new Church. The building was dedicated in 1884,...

14 March 2012

1730s – St Wolstan’s, Celbridge, Co. Kildare

The buildings of St. Wolstan’s priory were probably converted into a house for Sir John Alen before his death in 1561. The present house is said to have been first built in the...

14 March 2012

1878 – Firmount, Naas, Co. Kildare

Architect: Noble Colclough Colclough was a civil engineer and architect, of Dublin, who died at the age of thirty-three on 21 June 1880 and was buried in Mount Jerome cemetery. Little is known...

23 November 2011

1858 – Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare

Architect: George A. Leach These drawings are from the Narrative of Operations in the Arrangement and Formation of A Camp for 10,000 Infantry on the Curragh of Kildare. By the Late Lieut.-Colonel H.W.Lugard....

25 May 2011

1743 – The Wonderful Barn, Leixlip, Co. Kildare

The Wonderful Barn is a corkscrew-shaped barn built on the Leixlip side of Castletown House Estate, which borders Leixlip and Celbridge, Ireland. Flanked by two smaller dovecote towers, it was built with the...