Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Kilkenny

02 October 2013

1850 – Garda Station, Bennetsbridge, Co. Kilkenny

Former Royal Irish Constabulary police station, now in use as a Garda Station. Unusual design with central house with round towers to the corners.

02 October 2013

1744 – Bessborough House, Fiddown, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Francis Bindon Large Palladian house with wings, designed by Francis Bindon around 1744 on the site of an earlier house. Later addition of a porch by Sir Thomas Manly Deane, who also...

09 July 2013

1816 – Church of The Assumption, Callan, Co. Kilkenny

By an unknown architect, the catholic church in Callan dated from around 1816. A stern classical exercise, it has fine columns on the west front with a rather unusual tower and spire. The...

26 March 2013

1733 – Desart Court, Callan, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce A Palladian house of two storeys over a basement, joined to two two-storey wings by curved sweeps from around 1733, and attributed to Edward Lovett Pearce. The centre block...

09 March 2013

1731 – Church of Saint Lachtan, Freshford, Co. Kilkenny.

The site of a church from 1100; however all that is left is the beautiful Hiberno-Romanesque architectural porch and doorway. The remainder of the present church was built for Protestant worship in 1731....

09 March 2013

1845c – Gates of Shankill Castle, Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Daniel Robertson Imposing polygonal gatehouse attached to earlier gateway, attributed to William Robertson. The gatehouse contains several rooms on both levels. Legend has it that the lodge designs were originally intended for...

09 March 2013

1849 – Church of the Immaculate Conception, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: William Deane Butler The foundation stone for the present church was laid on the 16th August 1844 by Father Joseph Butler P.P. and was completed in 1852. Designed by William Deane Butler,...

20 September 2012

1290 – Granagh Castle, Co.Kilkenny

Grannagh Castle is located on the northern bank of the river Suir just outside Waterford City. Believed to have been built by le Poers who had been granted the whole of Waterford and...

04 April 2011

1747 – Woodstock House, Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Francis Bindon / William Robertson Originally built 1845-47 for Sir William Fownes to designs by Francis Bindon. Later extended with flanking wings by William Robertson in 1804-06. A later conservatory c1860 was...