Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Kilkenny

08 January 2010

1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently...

08 January 2010

1922 – Allied Irish Banks, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Thomas Scully Grandiose bank branch with living accommodation for the local manager above. There was great competition in many Irish towns for the most imposing branch, as prestige could attract customers. This...

08 January 2010

2000 – Railway Station, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Iarnr√≥d √Čireann Architects The new railway station is just a little down the track from the now disused original station and shares the same platform. The new station was created out of...

08 January 2010

10th C. – Grangefertagh Round Tower, Co. Kilkenny

The monastery at Grangefertagh (or just Fertagh), Co Kilkenny was probably founded by St Ciaran of Seir in the 6th century. The site was raided by Vikings in 861 and in 1156 the...