Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Limerick

04 November 2015

1872 – Caherconlish House, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Lewis describes this house in the following terms “Near the town stands Cahirconlish House, a handsome modern residence, erected near the site of the old family mansion, by the proprietor,...

09 October 2015

1869 – Waterpark, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Fogerty Constructed in 1866-69 – Fogerty’s Victorian villa was a new house in front of existing one, which has been converted into subsidiary offices. For John Lecky Phelps. Published in The...

09 October 2015

1858 – Railway Station, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Sancton Wood Opened on the 28th of August 1858 replacing an earlier, temporary station some 500m further east, which had operated from 9th of May 1848. Designed by English architect Sancton Wood...

06 October 2015

1861 – Uncompleted Spire, St John’s Cathedral, Limerick

Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick Uncompleted tower and spire for St John’s Cathedral, Limerick. The spire was later completed, in 1883, to a different design by local architect, M.A. Hennessy. Described in The Dublin...

20 July 2015

1894 – Baptist Church, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick

Architect: G.P. Beater After being in use for some years, the Baptist Church on O’Connell Avenue was eventually sold to the adjacent St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic community and is now used as a...

02 March 2015

1930s – Lyric Cinema, Glentworth Street, Limerick

Situated on Glentworth Street and on the site of a former Masonic Hall, closed in 1976. The building was demolished in 1981.

26 February 2015

1935 – Savoy Cinema, Bedford Row, Limerick

Architect: Leslie C. Norton The Savoy Cinema was designed by English architect Leslie C. Norton with an Art Deco exterior and atmospheric interior The Savoy featured both live stage shows as well as...

03 February 2015

1867 – Tait Memorial, Baker Place, Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett Winner of first prize in an architectural competition to design a memorial to Alderman Peter Tait, Mayor of Limerick. Other entrants included William Fogerty, William Hague and William Stirling....

02 February 2015

16th C. – Old Baal’s Bridge, Limerick

Medieval bridge with housing, demolished in the 1820s. During the demolition a significant archaeological object was found in the foundations of the old bridge – a brass Square of Freemasonry symbolism was found...