Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Limerick

23 March 2013

1770 – Greenmount, Co. Limerick

Built in 1770, a large two storey house over basement, home of the Green family. In the 1960s the house was demolished and a large modern house built by the Earl of Harrington.

17 March 2013

1907 – Gaelscoil, Bridge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph P. O’Malley Former Limerick city courthouse that was extended to designs by Joseph P. O’Malley in 1907 by adding a second floor to provide four new classrooms. The original building of...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

27 February 2013

1845 – Leamy House, Upper Hartstonge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Atkins Selected after an architectural competition, Atkins’s designs for the former Leamy School are in a Tudor Revival style with a central crenellated tower.

08 February 2013

1860s – Turkish Baths, Charles St., Limerick

Architect: Richard Barter Turkish baths constructed to the Improved Turkish Bath principles of Dr. Richard Barter with a design by his nephew, also Richard Barter. Closed in the late 19th century.

05 November 2012

1813 – Mountshannon House, Castleconnell, Co. Limerick

Architect: Lewis Wyatt The house was re-modeled in a neo-classical style after 1813 to the designs of Lewis Wyatt. The front 7-bay entrance was adorned by four ionic columns, the rear had a...

29 October 2012

1828 – Clarina Castle, Clarina. Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain & George Pain Also known as Elm Park. Designed by the Pains, for 3rd Baron Clarina, in the late 1820s with further work by Rawson Carroll in the 1880s. Demolished...

03 June 2012

1911 – Village Hall and Club House, Adare, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith According to Jeremy Williams, “The original scheme for the hall survives as a drawing, a brilliant adaptation of Voysey’s idiom to a communal building by the English architect, Clifford...

23 May 2012

1770c – Attyflin House, Patrickswell, Co. Limerick

A two storey mid 18th century house with a five bay centrak block. The two 2-bay wings are early 19th century additions. A fine Gibbsian door surround graces the main front.