Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Limerick

16 February 2011

1889 – SS. Peter & Paul Church, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Building was commenced in 1879 when the Bishop of Limerick, Dr. George Butler laid the foundation stone on July 6th, but not completed until 1889 after the architect’s death. Simple...

04 February 2011

2007 – Tailteann, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects Occupying a prominent location on the new entrance route through the mature landscape of Mary Immaculate College this building was conceived as a pavilion type structure announcing an as...

03 February 2011

2008 – Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects The design process related to the redevelopment of Thomond Park extends back to 2003 with a request to examine significantly increasing the existing 11,091 capacity stadium. Maintaining the atmosphere...

11 November 2009

1832 – Adare Manor, Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain Adare Manor was not always so imposing. In the 1820s the building was a refined Georgian house, without turrets and other elaborate details. However, Lady Caroline Wyndham wanted to give...

11 November 2009

1884 – Bank of Ireland, O’Connell Street, Limerick

Architect: Millar & Symes Fine corner bank with large well-lit banking hall at ground level. The severity of the upper floors is contrasted with the large round-headed windows and gently curving entrance bay....

11 November 2009

2004 – Limerick County Council, Limerick

Architect: Bucholz McEvoy Architects The principal objectives of Limerick County Hall were to provide an environment conducive to the council fulfilling its roles: to reflect and foster ease of communication between staff and...

11 November 2009

1875 – Plassey House, Limerick

Architect: Joseph Fogerty & Son Italianate style villa now part of the buildings of the Univerity of Limerick and known to the students as the white house (because it contained the offices of...

11 November 2009

1989 – King John’s Castle Visitor Centre, Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects An interpretative centre sits over what was formerly the eastern curtain wall. The centre, described as the ‘Learning Wall’, bridges an archeological dig of the former wall and bastion,...

11 November 2009

1989 – Tourism Office, Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects The tourist office is a modern structure evoking a nautical image, with a light elegant suspended structure and a transparent building, which allows visual contact with the river. Over...