Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Limerick

04 May 2011

1860s – McBirney & Co., Limerick

McBirney’s Drapery Emporium which was taken over by Roches Stores in the 1940’s, but was burned to the ground in a disastrous fire in 1948

02 May 2011

1836 – Thomond Bridge, Limerick

Architect: James & George Pain The current seven-arch bridge was built in 1836, replacing the earlier bridge which was also alongside King John’s Castle. The architect James Pain had surveyed the earlier medieval...

28 April 2011

2009 – Civic Building, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick

Architect: ABK Architects The 1630m2 project for the town of Kilmallock proposes to reinvigorate the social and cultural life of the town, concentrating a series of key social functions to generate a new...

16 February 2011

1889 – SS. Peter & Paul Church, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick

Architect: J.J. McCarthy Building was commenced in 1879 when the Bishop of Limerick, Dr. George Butler laid the foundation stone on July 6th, but not completed until 1889 after the architect’s death. Simple...

10 February 2011

2010 – Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, Limerick

Architect: Daniel Cordier The €20million building was specifically designed to combine the elements of research, performance and teaching by leading French Architect Daniel Cordier, who was appointed following an international design competition. It...

04 February 2011

2007 – Tailteann, Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects Occupying a prominent location on the new entrance route through the mature landscape of Mary Immaculate College this building was conceived as a pavilion type structure announcing an as...

03 February 2011

2008 – Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick

Architect: Murray O’Laoire Architects The design process related to the redevelopment of Thomond Park extends back to 2003 with a request to examine significantly increasing the existing 11,091 capacity stadium. Maintaining the atmosphere...

11 November 2009

1832 – Adare Manor, Co. Limerick

Architect: James Pain Adare Manor was not always so imposing. In the 1820s the building was a refined Georgian house, without turrets and other elaborate details. However, Lady Caroline Wyndham wanted to give...

11 November 2009

1884 – Bank of Ireland, O’Connell Street, Limerick

Architect: Millar & Symes Fine corner bank with large well-lit banking hall at ground level. The severity of the upper floors is contrasted with the large round-headed windows and gently curving entrance bay....