Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Limerick

11 November 2009

1769 – Hunt Museum (former Custom House), Limerick

Architect: Davis Ducart The Custom House was designed by Italian architect Daviso de Arcort better known as Davis Ducart. Davis Ducart was well known in Ireland for his work in smaller country houses....

11 November 2009

1751- John’s Square, Limerick

Architect: Francis Bindon Limerick was still a fortified city when John Pardon and Edmund Sexton started work on the building of New Square, now known as John’s Square. This development designed by Francis...

11 November 2009

1740 – Former Archbishop’s Palace, Limerick

Formerly the home of the Protestant bishop of Limerick, this is a fine house with central door, five bays. The house is currently occupied by Limerick Civic Trust, and visitors are welcome. A...

11 November 2009

1210 – King John’s Castle, Limerick

King John’s Castle, on the south side of Thomond Bridge head, built in 1210 “to dominate the bridge and watch towards Thomond”, is one of the finest specimens of fortified Norman architecture in...

11 November 2009

1194 – St Mary’s Church of Ireland Cathedral, Limerick

Construction on St. Mary’s Cathedral started in the 12th century, and was completed around 1194. The full title of this Cathedral is the “Cathedral and Parochial Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary”. It...