Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Louth

26 August 2015

1863 – Parson’s Mart, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: J.J. Lyons Parson’s Mart, a commercial warehouse constructed by 1863. Image published in The Dublin Builder, of which the architect John J. Lyons was a founder.

17 August 2015

1840 – Ravensdale Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Duff Constructed in an austere Italianate style, by Thomas Duff of Nerwy, For 1st Baron Clermont. Later changes by Lanyon & Lynn in 1859 with further additions. It was partly two...

17 August 2015

1785 – Stephenstown House, Co. Louth

Built in 1785 by Matthew Fortescue for his new bride Marian McClintock. A square Georgian house of 2 storeys over a basement 5 bays long and 5 bays deep. Extended in 1820 by...

17 August 2015

1780s – Glydecourt, Tallinstown, Co. Louth

A very long seventeen-bay two-storey house with attic, built c. 1780, later remodeled and extended. Originally built as a Georgian house, the house was remodeled around 1868 with curvilinear gables and gablets, and...

17 August 2015

1777 – Drumcar House, Co. Louth

Built in 1777, it stayed with the McClintock family until the 1940s. In 1948, it became St. Mary’s Hospital, a hospital for the mentally ill, and later a Saint John of God hospital....

17 August 2015

1879 – Kelly Monument, Roden Place, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robert McArdle Constructed in 1879 to commemorate aa marine tragedy of 1858. It has carved sandstone panels to the east and west consisting of anchor and bollard (west) and storm-tossed ship (east)....

20 April 2015

1868 – Christian Brothers School, King St., Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin The foundation stone was laid April 19th 1867, with the school opening on March 28th 1868. Designed by George C. Ashlin of Pugin & Ashlin, and later extended to...

29 May 2014

1660s – Beaulieu, Co. Louth

The buildings at Beaulieu, evolved over time, from tower house to Jacobean building, finally being redesigned as a grand mansion, in the English style, by the Tichbourne family. As such, it is a...

29 May 2014

1922 – Oliver Plunkett Church, Blackrock, Co. Louth

Architect: Ralph H. Byrne One of the better designed churches of the early 20th century that largely managed to escape the granite-clad barn template of later years is the Church of St. Oliver...


Skip to toolbar