Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Louth

06 January 2010

1814 – Old St. Marys Church of Ireland, Ardee, Co. Louth

Architect: C.H. Sillery The present nave and chancel are of nineteenth century construction but incorporate medieval fragments. It was repaired and rebuilt preserving only portions of tower of previous church – possibly to...

06 January 2010

1600s – St. Leger’s Castle, Ardee, Co. Louth

One of two castles on the main street and known locally as the Courthouse, this early 17th century castle has been recently restored and will be turned to civic usage. It was converted...

06 January 2010

1600c – Hatch’s Castle, Ardee, Co. Louth

The smaller of the two castles on the street, Hatch’s Castle with its unusual rounded corners is a private home. The southern corner has a projecting turret.