Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Louth

07 January 2010

1951 – Post Office, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: Office of Public Works Designed by Seymour Rice and Ronald Tallon (later of Scott Tallon Walker) while staff of the Office of Public Works. The main public office has an airy bright...

07 January 2010

1936 – College of Further Education, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: W.H. Byrne Built as Drogheda Technical School and now the College of Further Education, this is a fine example of the early Modern Movement in Ireland. The entrance to the school is...

07 January 2010

1905 – Former Library, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Built as a Carnegie Library in 1905, this simple mid terrace building features Jacobean gothic detailing and Art Nouveau lettering.

07 January 2010

1890s – Clarke’s Bar, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A fine late 19th century building and interior. The exterior is rendered with decorative window surrounds and a fine shop front. The interior with its low counters, snugs, and drawer units from a...

07 January 2010

1874 – Cord Burial Ground Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A small gothic mortuary chapel with a particularly high pitched roof. The building is finished in rusticated limestone. Dedicated 21 June 1874. In the corner of the graveyard is the east gable of...

07 January 2010

1892 – St. Mary’s Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: P.J. Dodd Designed by a local architect, P.J. Dodd, St Mary’s is another large Catholic church in a gothic style. The exterior is dominated by the slender tower and spire. At ground...

07 January 2010

1880 – St Peter’s Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne The centerpiece of Drogheda north of the Boyne is the tall and graceful French Gothic church by O’Neill & Byrne. Set into the hillside, it is approached up a...

07 January 2010

1879 – St. Mary’s Sunday School, Drogheda, Co. Louth

A small three bay building of rusticated limestone and brick trimmings opposite St Mary’s Church of Ireland. A plaque on the building announces that it was “Erected by Thomas Plunket Cairnes 1879″. It...

07 January 2010

1878 – St. Mary Magdalen’s Dominican Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in a French Gothic style and built in 1878, the Dominican church is finished in rusticated limestone. The side entrance to Dominick Street has a small tower over the...