Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Co. Louth

07 January 2010

1206 – Abbey of St. Mary d’Urso, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Known as the Old Abbey or the Hospital of St. Mary d’Urso, the correct title for this site is the Abbey of St. Mary d’Urso. It was founded by a Norman, Ursus de...

06 January 2010

2004 – DKIT Faculty of Nursing, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker

06 January 2010

1969 – Former Carroll’s Factory, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Now part of the Dundalk Institute of Technology’s campus, this was a ground breaking Irish factory design. Built by P.J. Carroll & Co. as a cigarette plant, the design...

06 January 2010

1931 – Allied Irish Bank, Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Attractive exercise is a retained twentieth century classical built as a branch of the Munster and Leinster Bank. The giant orders give the building an appearance of robust confidence with the attractive fenestration...

06 January 2010

1900 – Post Office, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robert Cochrane A handsome Arts and Crafts influenced post office, by Robert Cochrane of the Board of Public Works, which offers a pleasing contrast to the Classical facades of neighbouring buildings. The...

06 January 2010

1902 – The Century Bar, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A rare Art Nouveau public house still well maintained. Perhaps designed by a Belfast firm, it was built by a Terence McDonald whose initials form the centrepiece of the bar. The delightful turret...

06 January 2010

1900 – No.73 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A former bank, which has been converted into a shop, it has attractive moulded details that add greatly to its dignified fa├žade.

06 January 2010

1892 – St. Joseph’s Redemptorist Church and Monastery, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Built in two phases, the monastery 1879-1880, and the church 1890-1892, both designed by G.C. Ashlin and finished in Newry granite. It by James McAdorey, a Belfast man who had...

06 January 2010

1873 – No.63 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Building with skillfully designed and executed details on a rendered facade.